Being fit and healthy doesn’t mean you have to put all your energy into working out for hours a day and eating nothing but only steamed vegetables for every meal. In fact, there are several more effective habits you can adopt that will not only help you to get in shape in the short-term but will help you to stay fit and healthy.
All the health problems associated with metabolic syndrome respond well to diet and exercise. An unhealthy diet and a sedentary lifestyle are known risk factors for many diseases such as obesity, high blood pressure, cancer, stroke, and cardiovascular disease etc. Being overweight is the main reason for a girl to reach puberty at an earlier age. Also, obesity may contribute to menstrual irregularities or uterine fibroids later in life.Overweight is also one of the reasons for diabetes.
In today date people are too busy to go to the gym. It takes too much time to pack a healthy lunch and too hard to find something healthy to eat out.
All of these excuses are valid to some extent, but you have to learn to give up your excuses and start making your health and fitness a top priority today. Not everyone loves the taste of vegetables but these are very beneficial for the overall health and fitness.
The Food You Should Avoid:
- Sugar-sweetened beverages, like soda and soft drinks, are one of the unhealthiest foods on the Earth. They can cause disastrous health effects when consumed in excess and also one of the reasons for weight gain.
- Alcohol: Drinking alcohol in moderation seems to be fine and is actually linked to reduced weight gain. Heavy drinking, on the other hand, is associated with increased weight gain and also not good for your health. Peoples who have drinking habits, they face many problems in their life.
- Fast foods: You should avoid excess eating of fast foods such as pizza, burger, French fries, noodles, momos, and oily foods.
- Over processed food: It is also one of the main reason for many health problems such as heart disorder, high blood pressure, and cholesterol problem etc.
- Packed fruits juice: All these juices contain a harmful preservative, additives and harmful chemicals.
Top 10 Ways to Stay Fit & Healthy
- Daily exercise is very good routine for your better health. It’s never too late to start a new journey. You can start slowly, and find ways to fit physical activity into your daily routine. To get the proper benefits, you should try to get the recommended amount of exercise according to your age. If you can do it, the payoff is that you will feel better, and helps to control many diseases, and even live longer. Along with diet, exercise plays an important role in controlling your body weight and obesity. If you want to maintain your weight, the calories you eat and drink must equal the energy you burn. Exercise strengthens your heart and improves your circulation.
- Add vegetables to your diet because vegetables are a storehouse of fiber which cannot only fill you up but would also provide you with a great dose of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, magnesium, potassium, copper, iron, and folic acid. You should add fruits to your daily diet. Vegetables such as broccoli, kale, spinach, capsicum, cauliflower, carrot, beetroot, and sweet potatoes etc are very good for your diet.
- Proteins are very good for your health. Proteins help to maintain your weight and also reduce the blood sugar level. Food which contains high protein content has a very low glycemic index which is very good for people who are trying to lose their weight. Protein-rich foods are such as paneer, soy, lentils, beans, eggs, chia seeds, almond, walnuts, and soymilk. You should add all these in your daily diet.
- Fruits are a very good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They also help to reduce insulin resistance and weight loss. Eating grapefruit has been shown to control the cholesterol levels and help prevent kidney stones. Fruits such as pineapple, avocado, mango, strawberries, blueberries, guava, apples, bananas, and oranges are very rich in fibers and vitamins which helps you to stay fit and healthy.
- The human body is a machine and it needs to move. What we always forget is the fact that if our body stops moving, it will lose its efficiency. Hence, it is very essential to take care of our body.
There are many yoga poses which help to make your body healthy and fit.
- Yoga Poses
- Adho Mukha Svanasana
Meditation is a practice where an individual focusing their mind on a particular object, activity or thought, to achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm state. Meditation helps you to get relief from stress, depression and make you emotionally and physically fit.
Good Eating Habits
- .You should add good eating habits in your diet. According to Ayurveda if you feel too hungry late in the morning, try adding oatmeal, or quinoa flakes- a cooked whole grain cereal such as farina (cream of wheat), to your breakfast. For noon meal add food such as whole grains, quinoa, rye, millet or amaranth; healthy proteins such as lentils, split mung dhal or panir and lassi. For evening snack you should eat some dry fruits and fruits to your diet. The dinner should be light and in a moderate amount such as a bowl of daal, soup, and vegetables etc.
- Maintain your tridosha by a proper diet which is extremely helpful for your digestion. For vata imbalance add cardamom, ginger, salt, cloves and mustard seed in your diet. Pitta imbalance favor cinnamon, fennel, coriander, and cardamom. For Kapha imbalance, all spices are very essential specially ginger.
- In Ayurveda “swaduhita” which means healthy and tasty. The food should be tasty but it doesn’t mean that you can over process or overcook your food. Because it is not good for your health. You should avoid grilling, frying and microwaving because these create toxic compounds which are associated with serious illness such as heart disorder and diabetes.
- A Proper and good sleep is very helpful to make your mind free from stress and depression. If you are not taking proper sleeps then it will imbalance your Kapha, Pitta, and Vata, which is ultimately associated with many health problems. So it is very important to take proper sleep and make your body healthy and fit.
- Drink lots of water keep yourself hydrated and energized. You should add warm water to your daily routine because it flushes out all the toxins from your body. The ice cold water is not a good idea to hydrate your body. You should avoid it.
Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD-Ayurvedic Medicine) is an Expert Ayurveda Consultant in Chandigarh (India). He has vast experience of herbs and their applied uses. He has successfully treated numerous patients suffering from various ailments, throughout the world. He is CEO and Founder of Krishna Herbal Company and Planet Ayurveda in Chandigarh, India. He researched age old formulas from ancient Ayurvedic text books to restore health and save human beings from the worst side-effects of chemical-based treatments.