I have been careful all my life about taking decisions as from the start, I had a difficult life. I lost my parents early and was self-independent from the age of 13 working part-time and studying at the same time. My foster parents were least bothered about my upbringing but thanks to my friend circle, I never swayed into anything that would otherwise mar our reputation. But one day, I found myself pregnant, and the world came crashing down around me.
I was pregnant for the first time, and my age was only 20. I was near to the end of my college years and had met a wonderful guy and we hit it off from the beginning. Using precaution was our habit during intercourse, and we never had unprotected intimacy. But unfortunately, after the condom slipped away, it was a disaster. I did not understand until I had conceived and missed my period, and then a pregnancy test confirmed the news.
It took a toll on my mental peace. I had often been at the crossroads of life but never faced a situation like this. My boyfriend and I were both too young to be ready for a pregnancy; thus, we had to decide on an abortion. However, we had finances to worry about and did not want anyone else to know about what happened. Our best bet was medical abortion, and after consulting with a physician, I was ready with a prescription. Getting the pills was easy; I had to order them online, and my boyfriend helped me search a website for abortion pills deliverable at home.
Now, I am going to tell you about what we went through during the pregnancy termination, and I wish this will help other women tackle their unintended pregnancies better. I request you be sensitive here and not judgmental. Everybody has to choose between their pregnancy, and for some ending, it is the only feasible way at the moment.
How I Ordered the Abortion Pills and Used It?
To buy abortion pills online, we did a lot of research. My guy finally zeroed in on a platform that assured privacy, delivery within 2 to 4 business days in the United States on overnight shipping, secured transaction, privacy, and pills in a discreet package. We ordered MTP Kit as it contained Mifepristone and Misoprostol pills, which are FDA-approved for early pregnancy, and I was already 5 weeks pregnant.
· I went to live with my boyfriend for a few days. He was going to be alone for the month, as it was just the right thing to do and have him around to help me by running errands and taking care while I was in the bed and going through the procedure.
· He gave me Mifepristone on the first day. It was the morning time. I had to take the 200mg pill with water orally. I had read the pill is an anti-progesterone and its job was to detach the embryo from the uterus wall by shedding the uterine lining. That being said, I encountered no symptoms on this day. We had a healthy meal and binged on moved and slept early because I was going to take Misoprostol pills the next day.
· After 36 hours of Mifepristone intake, we decided it was time to use Misoprostol. Typically, you can administer this medication after 24 to 48 hours of Mifepristone. While you can take the 4 x 200mcg pills vaginally by placing the pill one after the other inside the vagina and resting for 30 minutes, I found the buccal method more suitable for me.
· I placed 2 pills each in my mouth in the cheek pouches, sat comfortably on the couch for 30 minutes, and then sipped water to consume the melted contents. My boyfriend helped me to bed and I waited for the effects to kick in.
How Were the Abortion Effects Like?
Let me tell you about the symptoms I encountered during the abortion pill procedure:
· The first spasm of cramp in the lower abdomen happened an hour later. And from then on, the real turmoil began – one cramp after the other, the pain was like I never experienced. It was more than just a normal cramp that you get during your menses. But this was expected, as the physician had told me the procedure would be like a natural miscarriage, and cramps with bleeding were common.
· My boyfriend got me a heating pad to apply to the pain points. Within 2 hours, I was already bleeding heavily from the vagina and thankfully I had large sanitary pads with me to wear and deal with the bleeding. There were large blood clots with clumps of pregnancy tissues, and perhaps these contained the sac and the embryo.
· The bleeding heavily continued for two days after which, it began to reduce and the pain also got better. I felt lighter and sane. The procedure got me feeling tired and dizzy, and I also experienced bouts of nausea. The antiemetic medicine assisted me to get over nausea. And I drank sufficient water and fruit juice to stay hydrated throughout.
· After 10 days, we went for my appointment to get an ultrasound imaging of the lower abdomen, and I came clear of pregnancy. Yes, the pregnancy termination was a success, and I cannot describe how relieved I felt. My boyfriend was by my side and we both took it as a lesson to not just depend on condoms alone as a contraceptive.
I am 21 years of age now. A year has gone by since the pregnancy’s termination. I use birth control pills, and every time we get intimate, we also use a condom for precaution. To date from the abortion, I have not had an episode again of an unplanned pregnancy and wish to not come across such an event in my life ever again. I hope my experience has given you an idea of how you can use medical abortion in your favor and escape from a pregnancy you do not want.
Hello, I’m Irina Weindroff. Since I started working with AbortionPrivacy eight years ago, I’ve helped women on their path to living healthy lifestyles, addressed issues with reproductive health, and learned how to deal with the challenges of unintended pregnancies. I’m available for a brief and instructive talk if you are now dealing with any of these difficulties.