Nowadays women are facing many problems related to health, vaginal discharge is one of the diseases occur in women due to excessive vaginal discharge. Vaginal discharge usually varies during menstruation, it is milky white discharge. Normal white discharge is not a serious condition in women if there are no symptoms of burning and itching. But if itching is there and females feel very tired and week, then vaginal discharge is a sign of infection or any other serious disorder. So by adopting some natural remedies, females can get rid of this problem.
Introduction to White Discharge
This white discharge occurs because the glands present in the vagina and cervix produce fluid and the fluid eliminates the bacteria and dead cells from the body in the form of white discharge. It is also known as Leucorrhoea. White discharge can be due to ovulation, menstrual cycle, sexual excitement, stress, and pregnancy. Normally white discharge signifies the conditional and normal female reproductive system. So, keep the vagina clean and prevent further infections.
Natural Remedies to Get rid of White Discharge (leucorrhea)
However, there are several best natural remedies for white discharge (leucorrhea) that are simple, safe and effective to use. It includes the use of herbs, home remedies, and some lifestyle and diet changes.
Herbs Used in White Discharge (leucorrhea)
Following are some effective herbs that you can use to relieve the symptoms of white discharge and get rid of further infection
1. Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis)
Aloe vera has many beneficial properties that can help to get rid of white discharge and treat the infection. Aloe vera intake can help increase white blood cells, which helps your body fight off infection. Aloe vera juice is also beneficial in white discharge.
2. Neem (Azadirachta Indica)
Neem is a useful herb that has many medicinal properties such as antiseptic, anti-biotic, anti-microbial, anti-oxidating, immuno-modulatory, detoxifying, and blood purifying properties. Thus it is helpful in white discharge and women are advised to use it regularly during menstruation.
3. Ashoka (Saraca indica)
Its bark is very beneficial for getting relief from menstrual disturbances and can regularize the woman’s menstruation. It relieves menstrual pain and cramps, and also pre-menstrual stress. It also provides relief from the pain of various types of tumors related to the female reproductive system.
4. Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa)
It acts as a natural astringent and is commonly used in leucorrhea which is a highly vaginal discharge. It shows beneficial effects in case of excessive and painful menstruation, and also delays menstruation.
5. Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
Turmeric is one of the best herbs in managing white discharge in women. It provides relief from itching and burning symptoms during leucorrhoea. It possesses anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.
Garlic (Allium sativum)
It has positive effects on fungal and bacterial infections. It possesses antifungal and antioxidant properties and helps to treat white discharge (leucorrhoea).
Home Remedies to Get Relief from White Discharge (leucorrhea)
Try the Following Amazing Remedies in the Comfort of Home and Control White Discharge Without the worry of Having Side Effects.
1. Ripe Banana
It is considered one of the powerful natural remedies for white discharge. It is loaded with several minerals and disease-fighting components,
How to Use
Take a ripe banana and mash it. Add a teaspoonful of butter in it and consume it two times daily for 7 to 8 days. The white discharge will gradually begin to decrease.
Rice water helps to decrease white discharge. It is easily available in stores or you can make it by yourself at home. Boil rice in water and after boiling, separate the rice from water by filtering and drink that water daily.
Fenugreek seeds improve the normal pH level in the vagina, and work as immune boosters and are considered to balance estrogen levels. This will keep you strong internally to reduce the discharge of white fluids.
How to Use
Boil fenugreek seeds in water until the water remains half. Drink a bowl of water after cooling it every morning. It has excellent properties, which can treat the leucorrhea naturally.
It is one of the best home remedies for white discharge.
How to Use
Soak a tablespoon of coriander seeds in water overnight. After waking up in the morning, drink this water first. Repeat this for at least 10 days.
Amla is good for white discharge, as it helps to strengthen the reproductive system. Take 2 spoons of dried Amla powder and add 2 teaspoons of honey to it and consume it two times daily.
5. Wash Vaginal Area with Lemon Water
This will help reduce fungal infections and also prevent germs growth while keeping the vaginal area clean. Add a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice to a glass of water and use this water to wash the vaginal areas.
How to Use
6. Apply Mango Paste on The Vaginal Area
Take a ripe mango and grind it to get the pulp. Apply this pulp to the vaginal area two times a day to get relief from white discharge in just a few days.
- By changing your lifestyle, you can help yourself to reduce white discharge from the vagina.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes to prevent irritation, itching or irritation in the genital areas and only wear cotton clothes and use good and safe detergents to wash clothes.
- Take bath daily and thoroughly clean your vaginal areas and always wear cotton underwear to absorb moisture and keep a healthy and safe environment around the genitals.
- If you have a heavy white discharge, then you should use panty liners to keep the vaginal area dry.
- If you have a heavy discharge, then you should use a panty liner to keep the area dry.
- Avoid using vaginal deodorant or scented products around vaginal areas.
- Take a long and proper sleep and keep yourself away from stress, avoid sexual intercourse, go for a morning walk and focus on a hygienic life.
Some things need to be changed in your diet to get rid of white discharge (leucorrhea). A balanced diet includes essential nutrients, high-fiber foods, proteins, carbohydrates, as well as healthy fats that will help you to relieve the wet and itchy sensation of Leucorrhoea.
Food To Be Added
- Vegetables: Okra, leafy greens, onions, carrots, potatoes, boiled vegetables, salads and vegetable soups
- Fruits/Nuts: Bananas, cranberries, oranges, black plums, apples, oranges, pomegranates, pears and betel nuts
- Spices: Ginger (in moderation), garlic (in moderation), fenugreek (in moderation), coriander seeds
- Grains/Legumes: Brown rice, pulses
- Others: Drink plenty of water, and milk and yogurt
Food To Be Avoid
- Vegetables: Mushrooms, Peas, Beans
- Fruits/Nuts: Peanuts, Lemons (in excess)
- Spices: Salt, chilies
- Others: Eggs, meat, bread, sweets, coffee and tea, spicy and sour foods, fried foods, alcohol
Complete information has concluded that white discharge (leucorrhea) can be easily managed with the right treatment. However, it is necessary to ascertain its cause. Also, to identify the problem, observe the symptoms of leucorrhea and then treat accordingly. All the above natural remedies are a safe and effective remedy for white discharge.
Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD-Ayurvedic Medicine) is an Expert Ayurveda Consultant in Chandigarh (India). He has vast experience of herbs and their applied uses. He has successfully treated numerous patients suffering from various ailments, throughout the world. He is CEO and Founder of Krishna Herbal Company and Planet Ayurveda in Chandigarh, India. He researched age old formulas from ancient Ayurvedic text books to restore health and save human beings from the worst side-effects of chemical-based treatments.