- Knee pain is a common problem that can happen to people of all ages.
- Sometimes knee pain is due to knee injury, rupture of a chromatid (a fibroid and flexible tissue that connects twoc bones) or cartilage rupture (cartilage is a hard and flexible white colored tissue which occur in many parts of the body, including the knee, throat, and circulatory system).
- Apart from these, knee pain is also associated with many diseases such as gout, gout and infection etc.
KNEE PAIN SYMPTOMS
- Knee pain is the main symptoms. Knee pain can be vary according to cause, location and severity. Some symptoms and signs that sometimes visible during knee pain are:
- Swelling and stiffness
- To be affected reddened and warm to touch
- Weakness and instability
- Knee sound when moving a leg or knee
- Inability to fully straighten the knee
WHEN SHOULD I SHOW THE DOCTOR
- See the doctor immediately if you see the following symptoms
- If the knees are not able to bear the body and other weight
- More swelling on the knees
- Be unable to fully straighten and bend the knee
- There is a deformity in the leg or knee
- Knee pain, swelling and fever in addition to redness
- Feeling like your knee is achy or that the knee has “gone out”
KNEE PAIN CAUSES
- Temporary pain (short-term pain) is different from chronic (long-term) pain in the knees.
- Temporary pain in many people caused by injury or an accident.
- Chronic knee pain rarely gets better without treatment
- These are not always due to a single event, but they are the result of many circumstances and causes.
- Certain physical problems or diseases that can cause knee pain include:
- Osteoarthritis – Deterioration and worsening of joints in Osteoarthritis
it cause Pain, swelling and other problems.
- Tendinitis – pain in front of the knee
pain gets worse when climbing stairs and walking.
- Basaitis – Basaitis is caused by repeated overuse of the knee, or injury etc.
- Gout –which is caused by the build-up of uric acid.
- Basis – Formation of the synovial sole at the back of the knee in the backbone
- Rheumatoid arthritis – a chronic inflammatory disorder characterized by painful inflammation, and eventually lead to discoloration and loss of bone strengthening.
- Dislocation – The dislocation of the hips or shaking from place to place is called dislocation,
knee dislocation is due to the trauma itself.
SOME FACTORS THAT MAKE CHRONIC KNEE PAIN WORSE INCLUDE:
- Injuries to the knee cap can cause swelling and bleeding if not treated properly.
- It can also cause problems like chronic pain.
- Sprain or strain in the knees
- To be infected doing physical activities in a wrong posture and manner
- Before and after doing any physical activity, do not warm-up and cool down
- Stretch muscles improperly.
DOS AND DON’TS
- Don’t rest too much – Too much rest can weaken muscles which can worsen joint pain.
- Do exercise – Cardio exercises strengthen the muscles that support knee and increase flexibility.
Some other exercise include walking, swimming, water aerobics, stationary cycling, and elliptical machines.
Tai chi may also ease stiffness and improve balance.
- Don’t risk a fall – A painful or unstable knee can make a fall which can cause more knee damage.
- Do use RICE – R- means rest, I- means ice, C- means compression, and E- means elevation is good for knee pain caused by a minor injury or an arthritis flare.
Give some rest to knees, apply ice to reduce swelling, wear a compressive bandage, and keep your knee elevated.
- Don’t overlook weight – If people are overweight, losing weight reduces the stress on knee.
- Don’t be shy about using a walking aid – A crutch or cane can take the stress off of knee.
Knee splints and braces can also help to stay stable.
- Nerve up tablet – Nerve up tablet is a herbo-mineral tablet and is purely ayurvedic formulation. CAC Nerve up tablets help in balancing the vata doshas. It reduces kapha dosha, and acts as nervine stimulant. It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchala, shudha shilajeet, abhrak bhasma, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. These contains natural vatahar properties and helps in curing vata diseases.
Recommended Dosage – Take one tablet twice daily after meals.
- Knee Care Tablets – CAC Knee care tablets are pure ayurvedic preparation, which are 100% safe. Knee pain is becoming a very common situation due to lack of exercise and wrong eating habits. Basically “ama” is formed in the body that blocks the channel and creates pain in the knee. This tablet is effective in Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, and Gout problem. The herbs present in this tablet provides good result in body pain, swelling, stiffness, & inflammation. This tablet also show anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, & analgesic properties. The antioxidant nature removes all toxins (ama) out from the body. Anti-inflammatory & analgesic properties reduce inflammation & pain in the Knee.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
- Pain-O-Kill Oil – This herbal oil provides good results in body pain, swelling, stiffness, & inflammation. Massage with this oil relieves pain, stiffness, & swelling. Pain-O-Kill oil is prepared from herbal ingredients like Jyotishmati, Kustha, Devdaru, Vatsnabh, Rasna, etc. These all ingredients show anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, & analgesic properties. The antioxidant nature removes all toxins out from the body. Anti-inflammatory & analgesic properties reduce inflammation & pain in the Knee.
Method of Application – Take few drops of oil in your hands after that gently massage over the affected area of your body pain.
- Panchsakar Churna – It is a pure and classical preparation known as Panchsakar churna. This churna is used since ancient time for the detoxification of the body. The churna contain five ingredients as the name suggests Haritaki, Shunthi, Krishna Pippali, Trivrit, and Sauvarchala lavana. As toxins are removed from the body knee pain will automatically subsides.
Recommended Dosage – Take one teaspoonful at bedtime with lukewarm water.
- Kapha Balance Tablet – CAC Kapha tablet is a healthy blend of herbs formulated to balance Kapha doshas without aggravating Pitta and Vata doshas. It can also be used to alleviate any temporary Kapha imbalance. It is very effective in Kapha season that is late winter and spring. It consists of warming and astringent herbs that help to balance the system throughout the cold season. The main use of Kapha tablets is to remove excess Kapha doshas from the system and helps in the management of weight, healthy lungs, and the immune system.
Recommended Dosage – Take one tablet twice daily after meals.
Vaidya Jagjit Singh is an Ayurvedic Physician in Chandigarh and has an experience of 30 years in this field. He is founder of Chandigarh Ayurved Centre. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre provides best ayurvedic treatment &panchakarma therapies centre in Chandigarh. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre is a leading Multi specialityAyurvedic Clinic of North India.