What is Dandruff?
Dry & flaky scalp is Dandruff. The largest organ of our body, the skin, needs nourishment to stay healthy The most sine qua non is the scalp because it has to feed the roots of hair for making them strong, shiny and thick. So, we should take extraordinary care about the scalp`s health and keep it nourished. You see so many ads on TV, Newspapers, and hoardings, etc. about the use of some shampoos and conditioners that are able to re-grow hair and remove Dandruff. But most of them are full of chemicals. Many factors are responsible for Dandruff breakout, it doesn’t affect your health, but it makes things uncomfortable & embarrassing for some. People wearing black outfits feel embarrassed because white flakes keep dropping from your hair onto your shoulders. But not to worry, today we are going to tell you the Natural Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Dandruff. Nature has bestowed our planet with so many herbal cures that are easily available at our home, we are just going to tell you the ways on how to use them to make Dandruff perish.
Home Remedies for making Dandruff invisible:
Fenugreek seeds are packed to the brim with properties that are rich in nutrients that keep the health of the scalp in an unscathed way. It contains lecithia component that combats dandruff naturally and emerges, winner. It also has nicotinic acid that nourishes the hair from roots to the tips, making them look thick and healthy.
How to Use
The method to use Fenugreek seeds is a bit lengthy, but so are the results that also are having strong & long hair.
- Take a handful of Fenugreek seeds and soak them in a little bit of water. Keep the quantity of water a bit less and let them lie there for 8 to 10 hours. Grind this mixture in a grinder into a paste. Put this paste in a bowl of homemade yogurt and stir vigorously, so that no lump is left while mixing the two.
- Now add a teaspoon of glycerin and a teaspoon of castor oil and stir well.
- After the mixture is completely mixed, break an egg over it and stir it well. After that leave the mixture and wait for 10 minutes. It will become a little thicker.
- Comb your hair very well so that they become free of any tangles. Take a toothbrush or a brush you use for dying your hair and apply this mixture paste on to the roots to the tips of hair evenly.
- Apply thoroughly concentrating on applying on the scalp. When it is finished wrap a clean towel over your head and wait for 2 hours at least.
- After that, do wash them with a mild shampoo. Some of the Fenugreek seeds material might get stuck in your hair, but don’t use any harsh shampoo, but stay cool and let your hair get dry.
Follow this procedure once a week and the positive result will be visible in a few weeks. This method also re-grows your lost hair.
Glycerin attracts moisture and when applied to your hair it adds moisture to your hair cuticles and locks it in. It is a marvelous conditioner that controls fizz, stops the breakage of fragile hair, making them thick & strong. It is non-toxic and has no side effects. Do not massage excessive glycerin in your scalp as it might make your hair look greasy. I teaspoon per time is more than enough.
Castrol oil is something that is underrated but has many benefits regarding your hair. It contains ricinoleic acid and Omega-6 fatty acids that enhance the blood circulation in the scalp area. It combats the fungus that has brought Dandruff, stops split ends, and proves to be a natural conditioner that can make your hair look radiant and glossy once again.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
It helps in eradicating the acidity from your scalp, which is raised by the fungus present on your scalp that has brought in the trouble called Dandruff. It helps in halting the growth of this fungus, making your scalp more fertile to grow healthy hair.
How to Use
- Take a quarter glass of Apple Cider Vinegar and the same quantity of water.
- Mix them and shake well and put it in a sprayer and spray it onto your head and wait for at least 15 minutes before washing your hair with the usual shampoo.
Follow this procedure twice a week and wait a few weeks and see your dandruff disappearing.
Homemade Yogurt is packed with an abundance of vitamins, like A, B, C, D, proteins, fiber, kilocalories, sodium, potassium, calcium, iron, thiamin, niacin, etc and anti-oxidants that nourish your scalp to no end. Get one & a half bowl of homemade yogurt and massage it thoroughly on your scalp and hair. It nourishes your scalp that makes your fragile hair into strong ones and it enriches your hair root to produce glossy looking hair. It is also anti-fungal, doesn’t allow the fungus to settle down on the scalp. It makes your hair shiny and sparkling.
Natural Ways to Stop Dandruff
There are many more that can eliminate dandruff, like massaging for a few minutes with essential oils like olive oil, Lavender oil, Sesame oil, and Almond oil can keep the hair follicles active. Rubbing onion juice, ginger juice, garlic juice on your scalp and left all alone for the night and wash it early in the morning can help dandruff cease to be visible.
It can also be drained out with the help of Cucumber seeds, rubbing green tea in your hair and there are many ways to abolish dandruff. Before proceeding to take the advice of some expert or your doctor to do what in the case of hair fall or dandruff growth, it will be much better.
Vikram Chauhan, MD – AYURVEDA is an expert Ayurvedic practitioner based in Chandigarh, India and doing his practice in Mohali, India. He is spreading the knowledge of Ayurveda Ancient healing treatment, not only in India but also abroad. He is the CEO and Founder of Planet Ayurveda Products, Planet Ayurveda Clinic and Krishna Herbal Company. For more info visit our website: