About Hepatitis : Ayurvedic Treatment for Hepatitis
Ayurvedic Treatment for Hepatitis : Hepatitis, is an inflammatory condition of the liver, usually occur as a result of a viral infection. There are five main hepatitis viruses, known as to as types A, B, C, D and E, but it can also be caused due to toxins (particularly alcohol, certain drugs, some industrial organic solvents and plants), other infections and autoimmune diseases.
Hepatitis A and E are generally caused by ingestion of contaminated edible or water. Hepatitis B, C and D often caused by parenteral contact with infected body fluids.
Acute infection may occur with limited or no symptoms, or may include symptoms like the skin and eyes become yellow (jaundice), dark urine, nausea, vomiting, malaise or excessive fatigue, anorexia and stomach ache.
Cause of hepatitis
It can be caused by:
- Immune cells in the body attacking the liver and resulting autoimmune hepatitis
- Infections from viruses (like hepatitis A, B, or C), bacteria, or parasites
- Liver damage from alcohol, poisonous mushrooms, or other poisons
- Medications, such as an overdose of acetaminophen, which can be deadly
- Liver disease can also be caused by inherited disorders such as cystic fibrosis or hemochromatosis, a condition that involves taking too much iron (the excess iron deposits in the liver).
- Wilson’s disease.
Ayurvedic management for hepatitis
Here are some of the single ayurvedic herbs that helps to cope up Hepatitis:
KUTKI (Picrorhiza kurrooa)
- Kutki is famous as a liver tonic, due to its impressive results in liver diseases such as hepatitis, liver cirrhosis etc.
- It reduces fat content in the liver and also has anti-inflammatory property because of its compound called apocynin.
- This herb amplify digestive fire and cures other pita related diseases.
BHUMI AAMLA (Phyllanthus niruri)
- Bhumi amla shows liver protecting properties. Anti-inflammatory action prevent inflammation of liver.
- Improves appetite due to its deepana (ignite digestive fire) property. Balances kapha and pitta dosha.
KAALMEGH (Andrographis paniculata)
- Kaalmegh is having deepana property and expels out toxins from body acts as liver detoxifier.
- Balances liver enzyme functions, relieves inflammation and also balances pitta dosha.
GUDUCHI (Tinospora cordifolia)
- This herb is known to be emphatic drug for humans due to its anti-viral, anti –inflammatory and anti-oxidants property.
- It is very effective in treating hepatitis and also removes toxins from the body.
- Triphala is a blend of three drugs aamla, hariktaki and bhibhitak is one of the very effective drug in treating fatty liver as it maintains liver enzyme function.
- Lowers high bad cholesterol levels in blood due to great anti –inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
- This herb acts as mild laxative as liver diseases are pitt dosha related disorders.
PITT PAPRA (Fumaria indica)
- This ayurvedic herb also beneficial in pitta disorders therefore used in liver disorders.
- It is effective in bleeding disorders due to its cold potency.
- External application of this herbal paste can relieve the itching and burning sensation.
GINGER (Zingiber officinale)
- This ancient ayurvedic herb helps in reducing fat in fatty liver and improves the action of liver enzymes.
- It has deepana (ignite digestive fire) and pachana (digestive stimulant) property therefore promotes healthy digestion.
- It lowers high cholesterol levels in blood.
- Helps in detoxification and prevent inflammation.
Panchakarma is a bio-cleansing method that removes toxins from the body. In case of hepatitis panchakarma’s virechana procedure is highly effective because it helps in balancing aggravated pitta dosha, ignites Agni (digestive fire) and detoxifies body.
Ayurvedic treatment for hepatitis by CAC
–DETOX PREMIUM POWDER:
This powder made up of pure herb and minerals such as shukta pishti, moti pishti, guduchi satav, parwal pishti, jahar mohra pishti, akik pishti, gandhak rasayan, shwetparpati, sutshekhar ras, sudhyog tablet, yavakshaar and tal sindoor. Detox powder helps to lower extra fats from the liver & deal with the symptoms associated with hepatitis.
–LIVER CARE TABLET;
The herbal ingredients used for the preparation of this tablet are Kutaki (Picrorhiza kurroa), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Bhumi amla ( phyllanthus niruri), Giloy(Tinopora Cordifolia), Yavakshar( Hordeum vulgare), Imli Kshar( Tamarindus indica), Mukta Shukta pisti etc. That provides better results in hepatitis. As these ingredients in combination remove extra fats from the liver, encourages appetite, decreases abdominal swelling and pain.
–LIVER CARE SYRUP:
This herbal syrup aids in balancing aggravated Pitta dosha. It promotes regeneration of liver cells, boost functions of liver, and also encourages blood flow from the liver. Liver care syrup helps in the treatment of hepatitis, fatty liver, hepatomegaly, liver cirrhosis, and obstructive Jaundice. This syrup made up of natural ayurvedic herbs sech as Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Imli Kshar( Tamarindus indica), Bhumi amla( phyllanthus niruri), Giloy (Tinopora Cordifolia), Kutaki (Picrorhiza kurroa), Yavakshar (Hordeum vulgare) and Mukta Shukta pisti etc.
Gokshura is an ayurvedic herb that aids in revitalizing and rejuvenating the body. This herb helps to balance all three Doshas. These capsules made up from extract of the Gokshura herb. It shows Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, Diuretic, anti-gout, Anti-arthritic, Anti-gout, Anti-hypertensive, Immune-modulator properties. This capsule is beneficial for promoting Kidney functions, treats Urinary tract infections, urinary distension, urinary calculi, Polycystic kidney disease, Renal calculi, dysuria, difficulty in micturition, cystitis, maintain uric acid levels in the kidneys and thus prevents Gout.
Kutki herb has a cooling action, used to manage bleeding disorders such as nasal bleeds, menstrual problems, etc. Kutki capsules contains pure herbal extract of Kutki herb whose main function is to balance Vata and pitta doshas. It helps in the removal of harmful toxins from the body.
DIET MANAGEMENT FOR HEPATITIS
- Oily and heavy foods should be avoided
- Limits junk food items
- Fresh fruits such as apple, bananas, cherries, oranges etc. should be added in regular diet
- Include fresh vegetables such as carrot, broccoli, cucumber and tomatoes in your diet.
- Limit extreme sugar content such as pastries, cakes, ice creams, soft drinks, etc.
- Drink lots of water and coconut water.
- Cut down excessive caffeine
- Limits alcohol and smoking
- Limits spices and salty food items in your diet.
- Add healthy spices such as dhaniya, fennel, cinnamon, cumin and hingu.
- Consume herbal tea twice a day.
- Take Amla to enhance your immunity.
- well-cooked and warm food should be consumed
Following this kind of diet regimen will definitely help in body detoxification and also will maintain Agni state and immune system.
Vaidya Jagjit Singh is an Ayurvedic Physician in Chandigarh and has an experience of 30 years in this field. He is founder of Chandigarh Ayurved Centre. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre provides best ayurvedic treatment &panchakarma therapies centre in Chandigarh. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre is a leading Multi specialityAyurvedic Clinic of North India.