Rising swine flu outbreaks can give you jitters. You have no idea on what to do if you fall prey to it. But don’t panic first let us see what swine flu actually is? Swine flu is a human respiratory infection that came from the pigs to humans. Its outbreak is claiming millions of lives every year all across the globe, but specially in developing and over populated countries like India & China. Its symptoms are not different from any other respiratory influenza. These can be:
What are the Symptoms of Swine Flu?
- Difficulty in breathing
- Body ache
- Sore throat
- nausea and vomiting
- loss of appetite
- tiredness, lack of energy
Mostly the symptoms appear to be same as common flu, but swine flu treatment is much more harder than the common flu. Once it breaks out, being infectious it enrolls amass of people and for many it proves fatal. There are various treatments that are available, but its outbreak every year sends a chill down our spine. Another bad news is that lots of people are becoming resistance to the powerful drugs that are served to cure them. Such a scenario can’t be witnessed each year. So they are becoming a little more alert and turning to home remedies that can prevent them from such a dreadful disease.
Unless your flu becomes complex, you don’t need to see a doctor but do the home treatment for headache and sore throat. Sit at home and don’t let the virus of this disease spread as it is infectious and spreads like wild fire and then it becomes H1N1 with other people. Then lots of people come in the wadding and makes an uphill task for the doctors to heal all of them.
What are the Best Herbal Remedies to heal swine flu?
But there are many fruits and veggies available that can prevent this disease becoming serious and complex. Before proceeding further let’s discuss them.
- Garlic has multiple qualities that soothe many diseases and enhances the health of many humans. It is quite effective while treating swine flu patients. Allicin, an ingredient of garlic triggers anti-oxidant activities in your body. It pulls out the microbes that are related to the swine flu. It also strengthens your immune system.
How to Use
- Every morning, peel of 2 cloves of garlic and chew them down or you can swallow them down with warm water daily every morning on an empty stomach. But better make sure that the garlic plant is organic.
- A study was conducted recently claiming that ginseng was quite effective when dealing with persons who are suffering from H1N1 influenza. This herb hits the viral strains with a positive effect. Swine flu patients should drink 1 cup of ginseng tea every day.
- When you get ambushed by swine flu, it can cause diarrhea, more frequent urination, excessive sweating and vomiting. All these make your body lose lots of fluids from your body. This is what makes you more prone to acquiring swine flu. So drink lots of water, a little more than necessary, it will keep you hydrated and flush out all the toxins from your body. When the toxins are gone, healthy body is inevitable. Say bye-bye to swine flu.
Tulsi (Basil in English):
- Tulsi, a holistic plant for the Hindus, has many myths woven around it that it is found in most of the Indian gardens. Apart from all myths and its holistic importance this plant has lots of medicinal benefits. It helps in soothing many health related troubles, Tulsi is able to treat the patients of many diseases, including swine flu. It cleans your lungs from congested mucus after scattering it and saves the throat from acquiring any infection and strengthens your immune system, which in turn produces healthy enzymes that are always at war with toxins that cause swine flu. It doesn’t allow respiratory diseases to touch your body.
Indian gooseberry (Amla):
- Amla or Indian gooseberry is such a fruit that has immense medicinal properties. It is used in almost every medicine that is prepared by Ayurveda. This fruit has abundance of vitamin C and is blessed with properties that boost the immune system. It enhances the body’s resistance power to various infections. You can eat the fruit of Amla in raw or drink its juice to help fight the swine flu viral.
- Turmeric is such a spice that it has earned a name by containing lots of medicinal benefits. It has a vast number of anti-inflammatory properties. It is also an anti-oxidant that has been used since ages to heal flu, cold, infections and used as a medicine to heal wounds and cuts that you incur on your physical body.
How to Use
- All you need to do is just take a pinch of this magical yellow powder, add it to a glass of warm milk and drink every night before you hit the sack. This process will drive away the infection of swine flu.
- The olive herb is considered a blessing in disguise as it is not paid much attention, whereas it has large number of benefits that are usually not paid any heed. Leaves of olive plant have abundance of flavonoids and polyphenols that are always at war with swine flu symptoms like nausea, fever, headaches and chills, they keep butchering the toxins. You must consume it’s extract regularly to keep the swine flu symptoms at bay.
All these are many herbal remedies to heal swine flu. These can also be taken as Ayurvedic style of healing.
How to Prevent Swine Flu?
- You need to stay alert and do some common things that can keep the swine flu symptoms driven away.
- Wash your hands with a soap quite frequently and thoroughly, at least for 15 seconds. Get habitual to good healthy chores like getting enough sound sleep, eat a healthy & nutritious diet and stay physically active.
Better do an annual influenza immunization (flu shot) done. This thing might not save you from swine flu ambushing you, but can prevent from various other strains of human flu. It helps in saving your body from falling sick from many other viruses. You can always cut the mustard.
If you use the benefits of these herbs vastly and regularly, better intake them regularly and the swine flu symptoms will not be able to dare raise its head and touch your body. If all these herbs are not helping in any way, a visit to your doctor becomes inevitable
Vikram Chauhan, MD – AYURVEDA is an expert Ayurvedic practitioner based in Chandigarh, India and doing his practice in Mohali, India. He is spreading the knowledge of Ayurveda Ancient healing treatment, not only in India but also abroad. He is the CEO and Founder of Planet Ayurveda Products, Planet Ayurveda Clinic and Krishna Herbal Company. For more info visit our website: