Actress Mahima Chaudhary recently announced about her cancer diagnosis and also that she has been fighting it and now she is free from it for around 3-4 four months. It came as a shocking revelation for her fans and the film industry. However we are glad to know that she is doing fine now. Mahima Chaudhary is not the first celebrity who got diagnosed with breast cancer. A few years back Sonali Bendre, an actress, also got diagnosed with breast cancer and fought her road back to recovery and health. Other people like Kirron kher, Tahira kashyap (wife of actor Ayushman Khurana), and Lisa Ray while international stars who fought this deadly disease are like Shannen Dohetry- Hollywood actress, Wanda Sykes- Stand up comedian, Robin Roberts- American television broadcaster etc.
After skin cancer, breast cancer is the second most common cancer in females. Breast Cancer can occur in any gender, however in females it is more common. It is a life threatening disease but the prognosis can be improved if there is proper awareness about this condition which will lead to early diagnosis and better results of treatment. So let’s see in detail what these diseases are and ways to prevent them and how Ayurveda can help in this condition.
When an abnormal cell in the breast starts to grow and divide uncontrollably, it causes formation of a mass called a tumor. Breast cancer does not remain limited to the breast, it can invade other body parts as well like other types of cancer. When it travels to other parts and forms a tumor, this condition is known as metastasis. Breast cancer is more common in people above the age of 50 years, however it can occur at any age.
EARLY SIGNS OF BREAST CANCER
Symptoms of Signs of Breast cancer can differ in different people. However some of the possible early signs of this condition are:
- Change in shape, size or contour of breast
- Lump or a mass of a pea size that can be felt
- Thickening or lump near or in breast or in underarm which remain during the menses as well
- Change in appearance or feel of the breast’s skin, skin on nipple like if it is puckered, dimpled, inflamed or scaly
- Appearance of redness on nipple or breast
- Particularly different area on the breast which is different from other area on any of the breast
- Area under skin becoming hard like marble
- Clear fluid or blood stained fluid discharge from nipple
WHAT ARE ITS CAUSES?
Development of breast cancer occurs when an abnormally mutated cell divides and grows uncontrollably in the breast. However the exact cause behind this abnormal mutation is not known. But many researches and studies have revealed certain factors that increase the chances of having it:
- Age- Being 50 or above it increases the chances of having breast cancer
- Sex- As compared to males, females are more likely to develop this condition
- Genetics and family history- If a close family member like parents, sibling or close relative have history of breast cancer, it increases the risk of developing in a person as well because there are many chances of transferring this single abnormal gene in the offspring.
- Smoking- Use of tobacco has also been linked in many types of cancer where breast cancer is also one of them.
- Alcohol- Use of alcohol has also been found in research to be linked with development of this disease.
- Radiation exposure- People having a history of radiation therapy earlier on their neck, head or chest are more likely to have breast cancer.
- Obesity- Being obese increases the chances of breast cancer and reoccurrence in patients who have recovered earlier from it.
- Hormone replacement therapy- People who have been taking hormone replacement therapy have high chances of getting breast cancer.
Before talking about the treatment let’s see what can be done to prevent it. As they say “Prevention is better than cure”! There are some things that are unavoidable in the genetic and family history but there are also many things that are preventable, let’s talk about them:
- Quit smoking– Like for many other ailments, smoking is a risk factor for breast cancer as well. If you are a smoker, try to stop quickly.
- Manage weight– Obesity nowadays is so common because of a sedentary lifestyle and too much or unhealthy food. Maintaining a healthy weight is good not only to prevent this ailment but many others as well.
- Stay physically active– In many studies it is found that women who are physically active are at much less risk of developing breast cancer than those who do not.
- Eat healthy and say no to alcohol- Eating healthy like more fruits and vegetables can help in lowering the risk of breast cancer. Drinking even less amount of alcohol on a regular basis increases the risk of these diseases, hence try to avoid it completely.
- Avoid menopausal hormone therapy– As already discussed it is one of the major risk factor for breast cancer, hence even if you are taking it, stop it now. Long term hormone replacement therapy should not be taken.
AYURVEDIC ASPECT OF BREAST CANCER
Now let’s talk about the Ayurvedic approach for breast cancer. As per Ayurveda, health is when all the three doshas (Vital energies) of the body, i.e. Vata, Pitta and Kapha. In case of breast cancer all of the three doshas are vitiated/imbalanced. Improper diet and lifestyle is considered to be the main cause of imbalance of the tridoshas causing breast cancer. In this case digestive fire also gets diminished leading to accumulation of toxins in the body which eventually blocks the channels of the body. Collectively all these factors are responsible for causing this disease.
Ayurveda can help in treating breast cancer using herbal remedies which contain the herbs that possess natural qualities to treat the causative factor as well as the current disease naturally. Herbal treatment is much more inexpensive, easily accessible, readily applicable and does not cause any side effects as well. Even when Ayurvedic Treatment is taken along with conventional treatment of breast cancer then an anticancer synergistic effect is produced that causes reduction in drug toxicity, accelerates the drug action by enhancing the treatment’s quality and also suppresses the drug resistance.
CRAB CARE PACK OF PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda is a renowned herbal pharmaceutical company that offers a combination of herbal remedies that helps in fighting breast cancer naturally. Crab care pack is the basic pack that helps in treating cancers of different types. It contains 6 remedies, i.e. Ashwagandha capsule, Curcumin capsule, Kanchnaar guggul, Tulsi capsule, Guggul capsule and Chandraprabha vati. All these remedies are full of medicinal herbs that balance the tridosha, open the blocked channels of the body and fight the symptoms of the disease naturally and effectively.
Breast cancer is a very common and life threatening condition but its prognosis can be improved and lives can be saved with the help of early diagnosis and that can be achieved with awareness of people about it. Ayurveda can be a helpful tool in fighting breast cancer effectively. Never go for self-medication and always contact an expert for the correct treatment. Our experts at Planet Ayurveda are always there to serve the suffering people.
Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD – Ayurveda) is the CEO and Founder of Planet Ayurveda Pvt. Ltd. He is Author of the Book “Ayurveda – God’s Manual For Healing”. He is an Ayurveda Expert Serving People worldwide through all the Possible Mediums, Operating from Main Branch in Mohali, India. With his Vast Experience in Herbs and their Applied Uses, he is successfully treating Numerous Patients suffering from Various Ailments. He is Serving the Society with Purest Herbal Supplements for One and only Purpose of Making People know and utilize the Wonderful Benefits of the Ayurvedic Diet, Lifestyle, and Natural Herbs. He Formulates Herbal Supplements himself and also Use Classical Ayurvedic Formulations for Helping People Get Rid of All Types of Health Issues, Restore their Health, Uses and Save themselves from the Worst Side-effects of Chemical Based Treatments. For More Details, visit www.PlanetAyurveda.com.