One of the most common gastric problems faced by people is acidity. The stomach normally secretes acids, which are essential for the digestion of food. However, due to various reasons, there could be excessive acid secretion or secreted acid not utilized well.
Ayurveda believes that the excessive intake of sour, fried, oily, salty food, skipped meals, snaking close to bedtime, being overweight, eating certain foods such as citrus fruits, tomatoes, onions, etc. aggravates Pitta and Vata Dosha which further imbalance the hormones and causes acidity. Common signs and symptoms that every person had to suffer are indigestion, burning sensation, bloating, pain, headache, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, etc.
Hyperacidity can be managed through prevention and cure. To cure it permanently and naturally Chandigarh Ayurved Centre had made a proper kit named ‘Acidity Care Kit’, which contains a total of 4 products – Amlapitta mishran syrup, Detox premium powder, Agnimukha churna, and Pittashekhar rasa. This kit is made up of herbal Products having no side effects and is very effective in Ayurvedic Treatment For Acidity it can be used by any age of a person.
Description of detail are given below –
1. Detox Premium Powder – Detox premium powder is a very effective medicine and has proven results to cure hyperacidity naturally. Its main work is to remove excess toxins from the body by which the electrolytes will become a balanced state and there is proper regulation of all the hormones. Detox premium powder is made up of herbal ingredients such as – shukta pishti, parwal pishti, gandhak rasayan, tal sindoor, kamdudha rasa, jahar mohra, akik pishti, etc. that balances the aggravated doshas and reduces all the signs and symptoms regarding acidity.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
2. Pittashekhar Rasa – In Ayurveda, Pittashekhar rasa is considered as the best Pitta pacifying medicine that cure acidity and other associated symptoms. The tablet is made up of – Sootshekhar rasa, Bilva majja, Kalmegha, Shankha bhasma, Kapardika bhasma, etc. Regular use of this medicine is very beneficial in maintaining the digestive fire and hence prevents the formation of ama.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
3. Agnimukha Churna – Agnimukha churna is very beneficial in maintaining digestive fire and provides relief in the loss of appetite, maintaining weight, regulates the secretions, etc. The churna consists of herbs such as – Vacha (Acorus calamus), Pippali (Piper longum), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take a half teaspoon of this churna twice daily with normal water.
4. Amlapitta Mishran – Amlapitta mishran is an ayurvedic formulation of – Vasa (Justicia adhatoda), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Nimba (Azadirachta indica), Triphala (three myrobalans), Patol (Trichosanthes dioica), Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Chirayta (Swertia chirayita), etc. that is very beneficial in relieving headache, vomiting, burning sensation, chest pain, cures indigestion, improves metabolism, etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
The following are the best ways by which the person can ease the symptoms and also cures hyperacidity permanently and eat worry-free once again.
• You may want to keep track of foods and beverages that cause you any problems. The most common food that triggers are – citrus fruits, garlic, onions, alcohol, caffeinated beverages, chocolates, etc. You should avoid or lessen the intake of these substances to get rid of acidity.
• If the person is overweight, he/ she should do some exercises or yoga to reduce weight. By reducing weight it may reduce some of the pressure on your lower esophageal sphincter, keeping stomach acid from leaking through.
• Reduce the intake of alkaline-rich vegetables such as asparagus, spinach, kale, Brussels, sprouts, etc. By eating such vegetables the doshas may aggravate and there is an increase in acidity.
• The person had to raise the head of your bed six to eight inches that can help gravity to keep gastric acid down in your stomach. You could also use wedge-shaped support.
• Avoid smoking and alcohol as it aggravates the pitta dosha and worsens the symptoms of patients.
• Increase the intake of non-citrus fruits, including melons, bananas, apples, and pears, are less likely to trigger reflux symptoms than acidic fruits.
The above-mentioned preventive measures are very helpful in curing hyperacidity and other associated symptoms. The patient has to adopt these health tips and exclude the trigger factors from their diet as well as from lifestyle.
Vaidya Jagjit Singh is an Ayurvedic Physician in Chandigarh and has an experience of 30 years in this field. He is founder of Chandigarh Ayurved Centre. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre provides best ayurvedic treatment &panchakarma therapies centre in Chandigarh. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre is a leading Multi specialityAyurvedic Clinic of North India.