In idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) the blood platelets decline and are not up to the normal level. So the blood doesn’t clot normally. This low level can become dangerous in your daily chores, when you suffer a wound or cut. You don’t feel like going out as the blood flow doesn’t stop that normally.
Platelets are produced by bone marrow. They halt the bleeding by clumping together to create a clot. If it doesn’t clot it will keep flowing and make you lose lots of blood. Inner bleeding or bleeding under the skin layer can prove to be very dangerous.
People who suffer from platelet deficiency have mucus membranes in the mouth and tiny purple color bruises on the skin, making them look ugly. These red or purple color bruises appear very small pinpoint size are called petechiae and are visible as rashes.
ITP can infect both kids and adults. These appear to have a different attitude, they infect the ladies during the early age and happen to men in the later years. Children usually acquire this infection after suffering a viral illness. There are certain viruses like that of chicken pox, measles, mumps that are also related to ITP.
Types of ITP
- There are 2 kind of ITP, acute and chronic. Acute ITP infects the kids and never goes beyond 6 months and chronic ITP lasts for about 6 months or a little more and usually happens to the adults, but teen agers and children can also be infected.
What are the symptoms of ITP?
ITP has certain common symptoms like:
- Tip of the needle size petechiae, mostly on the lower legs
- Instant nosebleeds
- Blood in the urine
- Blood in the stools
- Bleeding gums (during dental works)
- Profuse bleeding during surgery
- Prolong bleeding from the cuts & wounds
- Too heavy menstruation
These symptoms are not found in all. Some people who suffer from ITP shows no symptoms at all.
- Usually in small children it vanishes automatically within 6 months and same thing happens with some adults. In some cases it prolongs for long periods and they need to be hospitalized and get a surgical operation done. It heals completely, but can come back and strike you back at any time. Better opt for traditional Ayurvedic remedies.
- Because it doesn’t do any surgery, but cures you naturally, just by the remedies that are produced from herbs and plants. It first analyzes the infection, then bestows a remedy that kills this infection once and for all. It will never dare to come back.
What is the treatment done in Ayurvedic system of medicine?
Ayurvedic experts fix the routine of a patient in order to get out of this infection, which is as follows:
- 5:30 am wake up time: Drink 2 glasses of lukewarm water.
- 6:00 am on empty stomach: Eat 4 or 5 almonds that were soaked overnight.
- Have Aloe Vera juice about 20ml with 1 cup water/ 1 or 2 figs (soaked overnight)/ papaya leaves juice, 2 teaspoons/ eat 2 or 3 raw amla.
- 6:15 am 30 to 45 minutes’ walk, yoga or meditation.
- 8:00 am Breakfast 1 bowl of cereal (Porridge/ Poha/ Upma), 1 vegetable sandwich (brown or whole wheat bread), 2 boiled egg’s white part, 1 or 2 chapatti with a vegetable or dal (pulses)/Mung dal khichdi.
- 11:00 am Middle Meal Fruits/ Herbal tea? Green Tea/ Pomegranate juice 50ml/ beetroot juice 20 to 30ml/ Carrot juice 50ml / Pumpkin juice 50ml/ Green coconut water.
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm Lunch 1 bowl of salad before lunch, 1 or 2 chapatti + dal/ Rice + dal + veggie/ Mung dal khichdi.
- 5:00 pm Evening Meal Soups/ Fruits / Herbal tea/ Salad/ Sabudana khichdi.
- 8:00 pm dinner 1 or 2 chapatti + dal/Viggie/ Mung dal khichdi/ Sabudana khichdi.
What Should Be Eat and Avoid
- You have to ignore certain veggies like Garlic, Ginger, Onion, Tomato and Eggplant. You also have to stay away from certain fruits like Lemons, Oranges, plum and dark grapes.
- Vegetables that prove beneficial like bottle gourd, Ridge gourd, Bitter gourd, Round gourd, Carrot, Radish, Cucumber, Cabbage, Capsicum, Beetroot, Turnip, Sweet potatoes, Spinach, Broccoli, Kale, Peas, Potatoes, Lettuce and Green leafy veggies that have abundance of phyto-chemicals, anti-oxidants, vitamins and fiber.
- Fruits also benefits us like Papaya, Pear, Peach, Apple, banana, Mango, Watermelon, Muskmelon, Pineapple, Figs and Chikoo.
- There are some spices that has to be left like Excessive use of table salt, clove, Green & Red chilies, but you can have Bay leaves, Coriander, Fenugreek, Black pepper, Mint, Curcumin, Turmeric, Cardamom, Fennel, Cinnamom, Canola oil, olive oil and Sunflower oil.
- There are certain other products that should be avoided like fried food, white flour, fast foods like pizza, burger, chocolates, cheese, vinegar, white rice, milk, yogurt, pickles, papad, chutney. But don’t mind in eating brown rice, whole wheat flour, grain cereals, green leafy vegetables.
Experts just believe in herbal remedies to the patients of ITP. Every individual has different doshas that control the body’s functions and treatment is done according to their 3 doshas i.e. Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
These remedies must be written by an Ayurvedic expert who has earned a reputation, is well qualified. Don’t proceed unless you meet one. Follow his/her prescriptions precisely and good health is not far away.
Vikram Chauhan, MD – AYURVEDA is an expert Ayurvedic practitioner based in Chandigarh, India and doing his practice in Mohali, India. He is spreading the knowledge of Ayurveda Ancient healing treatment, not only in India but also abroad. He is the CEO and Founder of Planet Ayurveda Products, Planet Ayurveda Clinic and Krishna Herbal Company. For more info visit our website: