Dark circles and wrinkles are the most dreaded consequences of the process of ageing that we all fear!
After all, we are going to lose all- the freshness, the radiance as well as the tightened skin. But, at the same time, we cannot stop the inevitable.
But it is not just the process of ageing that contributes towards the skin damaging. There are other factors, too. Some of them are mentioned below
- Prolonged exposure to the sun
- Extreme usage of cosmetics
- Dearth of vitamin D3
- Constantly changing cosmetics
But nothing to get depressed or down about. You will get a plethora of products today in the market that claim to prevent the effects of ageing of skin.
While some of them do stand true to their claims there are also others who just put forth empty promises. But not to worry!
Thankfully, there are many home remedies that will assist you to retain a healthy, glowing and youthful skin without any side-effect.
Here some of them are mentioned.
- Cold Slices of Cucumber – The cucumbers consist of antioxidants that can do away with the puffiness surrounding the eyes. As the coolant and natural astringent, the cucumber causes the tissues to contract. This makes the under-eye circles much less conspicuous. You should place the finely-cut cucumbers on the eyelids and rinse your eyes after keeping those on for about 5 minutes.
- Aloe Vera – Who hasn’t heard about aloe vera and its beneficial properties for the skin. Apart from the numerous healing properties, taking the aloe gel supplement is seen to decrease significantly the appearance of the wrinkles in about 3 months. In some other studies, it has been found that with the application of aloe vera, you do not just reduce the appearance of wrinkles but also hydrate the skin and add collagen.
- Potato Juice – You can extract the potato juice after grating some potatoes. Now take the cotton ball and let the potato juice be soaked into it. Then after closing your eyes, you can place the cotton balls on the eyes. Ensure that you cover the entire dark circle area as well as the eyelids. After that wash the juice off with the cold water after leaving this on for 5-10 minutes.
- Coconut Oil – The organic coconut oil is capable of giving the skin a natural glow and radiance. By using this often you can add a natural glow and radiance to your skin. By using this often, the lines and wrinkles in your face get faded away. This happens as the coconut oil is hydrating and moisturising for your skin. It restores the elasticity of your skin. For this, you need to massage the under eyes and other affected areas for a few minutes. Massage in a gentle circular motion. Then leave the oil all through the night. Prior to going to bed, repeat this every day.
- Tomatoes – The tomatoes happen to be a great solution for doing away with the dark circles and this also ensures that the skin is supple and soft. For this, you must mix lemon juice (1 teaspoon) with tomato juice (one teaspoon) and apply it under the eyes. After keeping it that way for 10 minutes rinse it off. Repeat this twice daily. You can also start drinking tomato juice combined with mint leaves and lemon juice to do away with your dark circles.
- Olive Oil – The olive oil is one of the most beneficial home remedies for treating the eye wrinkles as it assists in keeping the skin moisturised. It is also packed with vitamin K and E along with the antioxidants that keep the skin healthy.
- Tea Bags –A simple way to do away with the dark circles is to use cold tea bags. You can soak the tea bag in green or chamomile tea in the water. Then you can place these in the refrigerator for a while. Now locate them on the eyes. Use the remedy on a regular basis to see the difference.
- Superfoods – The foods that are enriched with the health-promoting nutrients are often known as the superfoods. There are a variety of foods that look towards boosting overall health and preventing wrinkles. The scientists reveal that people who eat healthily have fewer wrinkles. The women who have more fruits and fewer wrinkles than those who eat more junk foods and meat. So include more chia seeds, avocadoes, cinnamon, oatmeal, ginger, sweet potatoes, walnuts, egg whites, sardines and salmon in your diet.
Apart from the above, you can also try the best anti-ageing serum for bidding adieu to wrinkles and dark eye spots and retain a rejuvenating, youthful skin for the longest time.
Shashi Das is a professional Digital Marketer and Health Blogger since many years and now he pens down his extensive knowledge that he gathered working as a dental professional to help and guide people who want to know more about their oral health.