Acidity is not a particular disease but shows an indication of various diseases. It is more common nowadays that every individual has suffered from acidity once a time. The condition mainly occurs when there is an excess secretion of acids in the gastric glands of the stomach, producing bad breath, stomach bloating, heaviness, burning sensation, indigestion, etc. Acidity can be caused due to a long gap between meals, empty stomach or excessive intake of tea, coffee, smoking or alcohol, high consumption of salty, sour, oily, fried foods, etc.
To get rid of acidity, we providing various natural home remedies that are easy to use and are proven to be safe for every age of a person. By adopting the home remedies you will surely ease the symptoms of acidity and prevents it from further aggravation.
Some of the best Home Remedies for Acidity are given below –
1) Tulsi – Tulsi leaves have many medicinal properties and are considered as the best home remedies that can be used in various diseases. The leaves have a coolant effect that provides relief in burning sensation, indigestion, bloating, heaviness, etc.
How to use – Boil 3-4 basil leaves in a cup of water and let it simmer for a few minutes. Sip on it frequently and take this remedy two to three times daily. This will provide a quick effect and ease the aggravated symptoms.
2) Fennel Seeds – Fennel seeds offer a multitude of benefits for keeping your digestive health on track. These seeds offer gastrointestinal benefits and thus are beneficial in keeping various stomach ailments such as acidity, indigestion, loss of appetite, heaviness, etc.
How to use – You may chew a teaspoonful of fennel seeds after meals or make fennel tea by boiling a teaspoonful of seeds in a cup of water for 5 to 10 minutes, to relieve the symptoms of acidity.
3) Coconut Water – Coconut water is one of the easiest and effective home remedies that relieve numerous symptoms of acidity and normalizes the function of the digestive system. Coconut water helps in turning the pH acid levels of your stomach to alkaline and protects the stomach from the harmful effects of stomach acid. Being a rich source of fiber, coconut also helps in aiding digestion and thus keeps any kind of acid formation under check.
How to use – Consume fresh coconut water twice daily for better results.
4) Ginger – Being a rich source of various nutrients, this root herb is ideal for battling stomach acidity. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties, which are beneficial in stabilizing stomach acids and in keeping the digestive health in good condition.It also relieves heartburn, bloating, heaviness, etc.
How to use – You can consume ginger in its raw form by adding it to your food or consuming a slice of it after meals. Alternatively, you can boil ginger in a cup of water and have this tea after meals to reduce acidity.
5) Buttermilk – Buttermilk is a soothing drink that can help with acidity and other stomach problems. People recommend drinking buttermilk with their food as it improves digestion and avoids acidity. Buttermilk is also a nutritious drink to include in your diet for a healthy life.
How to use – Drink buttermilk once or twice daily with food with adding a small amount of black pepper in it.
So use these home remedies for better & effective results from acidity.
Vaidya Jagjit Singh is an Ayurvedic Physician in Chandigarh and has an experience of 30 years in this field. He is founder of Chandigarh Ayurved Centre. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre provides best ayurvedic treatment &panchakarma therapies centre in Chandigarh. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre is a leading Multi specialityAyurvedic Clinic of North India.