Skin is the largest organ and is the most sensitive part of the human body. Our skin is fragile, and exposing it to harmful chemicals is always a huge risk to take. Also, an unhealthy lifestyle, eating junk food, having inadequate sleep, exposure to sun rays and several other factors play a great role in making your skin dull and dry.
The skin care products may damage the enzymes that trigger absorption and lubrication. The result might be permanent dry patches, oversensitive skin, or susceptibility to sun damage. In replacement for cosmetic products always use skin care home remedies to get healthy, fresh, and glowing skin.
Following are some of the best home and Natural Treatment For skin care which can cure all types of skin conditions naturally –
- ALOE VERA – Aloe vera is the ultimate solution for skin problems. It is best for soothing and moisturizing your skin without clogging pores. It has highly powerful healing properties and acts as an excellent rejuvenator to treat the unnourished skin.
This helps in reducing swelling and redness, on the other side, it can also be used as a natural astringent to get rid of excess oil and dead cells from the skin.
If you are dealing with sunburn, start using Aloe vera in your daily routine. Or you can take 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel, a pinch of turmeric, 1 teaspoon honey, and 1 teaspoon of milk. Mix all the ingredients and apply this mixture on the face and neck evenly. Leave it for about 20 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- COCONUT OIL – Coconut oil is the best home remedy for all skin problems. It is a very good source of omega fatty acids that work effectively in penetrating and moisturizing the skin and keep restoring the glow of your skin.
It is advised to lightly warm up the oil and apply on the skin. Massage for a few minutes in gentle circular motions and leave the oil on overnight. The oil locks the moisture in the skin and also nourishes it with essential fatty acids. Its phenolic compounds are contributing to its antioxidant activity and give you glowing skin.
- TURMERIC- Turmeric is an Indian herb which is widely used as one of the most effective home remedy for glowing skin. It contains curcumin, which has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties that eliminate the harmful free radicals that are damaging to the skin.
For using turmeric as a skin treatment you can mix the turmeric powder with the gram flour and add enough milk or rose water to form a paste. Apply this on your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse it with plain water.
- LEMON – Lemon is considered as a wonderful home remedy for your skin. The sugar granules present in the lemon help to get rid of dead cells. Lemon cleanses, bleaches, removes tan, and helps in new cell growth to give back the elasticity of your skin.
For this, you have to need, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons sugar. Mix the ingredients and apply it on the skin. Scrub in a circular motion and leave it for 10-15 minutes, rinse off with lukewarm water to reveal the glowing skin.
- HONEY – Honey is not only beneficial for health but is also being used to make your skin soft and clean. It is rich in antioxidants which work excellently in reducing blemishes.
If you consume honey both internally and externally, you will observe a great difference in your skin. It acts as natural moisturizing effects and has powerful tissue regeneration properties that make it one of the famous home remedies for healthy skin that must be included in your skincare routine.
It works for all skin types such as dry skin, cracked skin etc.
For skin treatment, apply honey evenly on clean and damp skin. Massage it for a few minutes and leave it for 5 minutes, wash the honey with lukewarm water.
- CUCUMBER – Cucumber is a very effective home remedy for all skin types. It contains properties like hydrating, nourishing, and astringent which replenishes and rejuvenates the dull skin. You have to need 1 small cucumber and 2-3 tablespoons yogurt. Then grate the cucumber and add the yogurt to it. Beat it properly and apply it on your affected skin, leave it on for few minutes until it dries and washes it off with cold water.
Due to its cooling effect, it reduces the swelling, and improves the complexion. The remedy is also beneficial in conditions like sunburn, itching, and uneven complexions.
- OLIVE OIL – Olive oil is an excellent skin moisturizer and renders a natural shine as well. The flavonoids and polyphenols present in it protect the skin from free radicals and prevent the damage.
Take a few drops of oil on your fingerprints and apply it all over the affected area. Massage in upward circles for a few minutes, then dip the towel in warm water and place this on the skin for 30-40 minutes. Do this every night before going to sleep.
- ROSEWATER – Rosewater is proven as a skin toner that helps in cleansing and refreshing the skin. Rose has anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing redness, irritation, and acne. It also hydrates, revitalizes, and moisturizes the skin by controlling the excess oil and leaves your skin with a fresh look.
For using rosewater, dip the cotton ball in the rose water and apply it all over the face and neck. Repeat this every morning and evening. By this, it brightens the skin tone by stimulating blood circulation and balance the pH of your skin.
Use these herbs in home remedies form for any type of skin problems.
Vaidya Jagjit Singh is an Ayurvedic Physician in Chandigarh and has an experience of 30 years in this field. He is founder of Chandigarh Ayurved Centre. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre provides best ayurvedic treatment &panchakarma therapies centre in Chandigarh. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre is a leading Multi specialityAyurvedic Clinic of North India.