The stones that are seen in the kidneys are known as (Kidney stones, nephrolithiasis, & renal lithiasis). These are nothing but deposits of salts & minerals that are formed inside the kidneys. Kidney stones can affect your both kidneys, bladder, & urinary tract. The stones are often formed when the urine allow minerals to crystallize, it becomes concentrated, & stick together.
Patients with kidney stones experiences signs & symptoms such as pain during urination, severe pain in the back, below the ribs, passing red, pink, or brown color urine, vomiting, nausea, foul smell in urine, cloudy urine, frequent urination, fever with chills, & sometimes urination with small amounts. There are different type of kidney stones such as calcium, uric acid, cystine, & struvite, etc.
The different risk factors that are responsible for developing kidney stones are not drinking enough water, family history, eating diet that is rich in protein, sugar, & salt, obesity, gatro-esophageal reflux, chronic diarrhea, & inflammatory bowel disease, cystinuria, hyperparathyroidism, etc.
In Ayurveda there are various Ayurvedic Treatment for Kidney Stones along with ayurvedic treatment there are some ultimate home remedies that help in quick relief from kidney stones check details of these 5 remedies given below:
1) Horse gram: Horse gram is a climbing plant that generally grows in India. The legume of this gram is a good remedy for kidney patients. It is abundant in saponin, polyphenols, proteins, flavonoids, etc. The diuretic properties of this gram reduce renal stones size, break up the stones, & remove it out from the body through urine. This gram breaks down the stone of up to 10mm & stops its reformation.
How to use:
a) Take 200 ml of water & 25 gms of horse gram & soak it overnight. Early in the morning on an empty stomach drink this mixture twice or thrice daily in the whole day.
b) Prepare a soup of 250gms of horse gram by adding a pinch of black salt, turmeric powder, black pepper, cumin seeds powder in the ghee. Have this soup once or twice daily.
2) Punarnava: Punarnava herb is one of the amazing herbs for kidney stones, reducing swelling, & dealing with other kidney diseases. It balances tridosha (vata, pitta, & kapha) in the body. The lithontriptic action of this herb helps in dissolving the stones present in the kidneys.
How to use:
a) Drink 10 to 20 ml of Punarnava plant juice once daily early in the morning on an empty stomach.
b) Take a teaspoonful of powder of Punarnava with a glass of water once or twice daily for getting relief from kidney stones naturally.
3) Goethe plant: Goethe plant is also a beneficial herb for kidney stones patients. This herb is called as “Pashanbheda” in which “Pashan” means stones & “Bheda” means to break. Goethe plant has diuretic & lithotriptic properties that break down the kidney stones in small pieces & remove it out through the urine.
How to use:
a) Take four to five leaves of Goethe plant, add a glass of water, & blend this mixture. After that filter, the mixture, & drink remained juice early in the morning on an empty stomach.
b) Instead of juice, you can also eat Goethe plant leaves early in the morning on an empty stomach.
4) Gokshura: Gokshura is a herb that is sweet, cooling, lithontriptic, diuretic in nature. This herb balances vata & pitta dosha in the body. It is a beneficial herb in renal calculi, kidney stones, & urinary tract infections. Gokshura herb is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, & anti-fungal properties. The herb acts as a natural revitalizer for kidneys.
How to use:
a) Take 30 gm powder of gokshura fruit in 300 ml of water. Boil it until the remaining 150 ml. Strain the mixture & consume this decoction twice daily for getting relief from kidney stones.
b) Prepare a decoction by taking fresh leaves of Gokshura. Drink this decoction once or twice daily for getting ultimate results in kidney stones.
5) Varuna: Varuna herb is greatly used for its medicinal properties. This herb helps in removing kidney stones. The bark of the Varuna herb provides proper treatment of kidney stones & reduces inflammation during the passage of kidney stones.
How to use:
a) Take the bark of Varuna herb & boil it in two cups of water until the water is remaining half cup. Strain the mixture & drink this herbal decoction once or twice daily.
b) You can also prepare powder of Varuna herb & store it in a container. Take a teaspoonful of this powder with a glass of water once or twice daily.
You can use any of the above home remedies for getting ultimate relief from kidney stones. These remedies help in breaking down the stones, crush them into small pieces, & remove from the urinary tract through urine.
Vaidya Jagjit Singh is an Ayurvedic Physician in Chandigarh and has an experience of 30 years in this field. He is founder of Chandigarh Ayurved Centre. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre provides best ayurvedic treatment &panchakarma therapies centre in Chandigarh. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre is a leading Multi specialityAyurvedic Clinic of North India.